For the half-a-dozen people still using Windows Vista (for the love of all things good about computers, why?) I would like to draw your attention to CNET’s advisory that Microsoft will be ending support for Windows Vista on 11th April 2017.
If you’re still running Windows Vista then, Microsoft will no longer support it. In practical terms, this means you will get:
- no more security updates.
- no more non-security hotfixes.
- no assisted support options (free or paid).
- no more online technical updates from Microsoft. The fiends.
- this is the case already. If you go to the Windows Vista “find solutions” page you’ll get an oh-so-helpful “This page doesn’t exist.” error message. Seriously.
For the hard of thinking, I’d like to point out that if you’re still using Windows Vista, it sucks to be you regardless. Every single day.
On the upside, I have even less reason to test on that particular platform anymore. 🙂